Youth Education Committee
The Youth Education Committee has three main goals, we:
- Promote education around water and wastewater issues to NEWEA’s constituents as well as to the general public.
- Encourage professional and public participation in water quality management and conservation
- Endeavor to attract young people and students to a rewarding career in the water environment industry.
Committee members develop educational materials; organize, promote and run educational events; and build relationships between the water quality industry and our New England communities. See how many children we’ve reached >>
Leonard Young, Chair
Danielle Gallant, Vice Chair
What does the Youth Education Committee do?
- Mr & Mrs Fish Program
- Stockholm Jr. Water Prize
- World Water Monitoring Day
- Education Outreach / Schoolkit Teacher Survey
How often do we meet?
- At the Annual Conference
- Annual meeting to judge Stockholm Junior Water Prize
Why should you join us?
- The Youth Education Committee is fun, active, and accomplished
- Your outreach, education, and/or marketing skills can help us advance our mission
- Chance to extend your knowledge beyond your industry, to local children, teachers, and communities