Industrial Wastewater Committee
The Industrial Wastewater Committee has three main goals, we:
- Provide a forum for the exchange of information amongst NEWEA members on issues relating to industrial wastewater treatment, permitting, and compliance
- Act as a liaison and assist in the dissemination of information including proposed and promulgated rules, regulations, and policies that may be of interest to the industrial community
- Develop programs for stimulating membership and participation by industrial sector professionals within NEWEA
Sarah White, Chair
Phone: 978-658-8888 ex.4048
Rebecca Weidman, Vice Chair
What does the Industrial Wastewater Committee do?
- Develop session programming for the NEWEA Annual Conference
- Provide forums for the exchange of technical information related to industrial wastewater (e.g. conferences, webinars, plant tours)
- Provide opportunities for professional networking
How often do we meet?
- Quarterly conference calls
- In-person meeting at the NEWEA Annual Conference
- Case-by-case basis for planning around specific activities (conferences, etc.)
Why should you join us?
- You have interest/experience in working on the diverse challenges of industrial wastewater treatment
- You are an industrial wastewater operator interested in networking with other operators and assisting with committee activities
- You are a student interested in learning how your classes apply to real world issues
- You are a regulator or other professional with an interest in promoting communication between government and the private sector
- You are a pretreatment coordinator at a POTW
See what we’ve accomplished.
- Held a specialty conference on industrial wastewate and water reuse
- Conducted a webinar series on industrial wastewater regulatory and treatment issues
- Developed a NEWEA Journal issue focused on industrial wastewater treatment