Golden Manhole Award
The Golden Manhole Award is awarded to an individual who has had significant participation in one or more of the following areas: Operations, Maintenance, Design, Field Evaluation, Education, Training, Certification, Management, and Planning of Wastewater Collection Systems.
Nominators or Nominees shall not be on the Golden Manhole Society (GMS) Selection Committee; Selection Committee members shall consist of Past GMS Award recipients and members of the NEWEA Collections Systems Committee with 1 to 5 years of active service.
Induction will be determined by a minimum of three members of the Selection Committee. The committee will use the following criteria to select a nominee for the award:
- Active in Collection Systems for ten years;
- Five years of service on NEWEA Collection Systems Committee;
- Participation in NEWEA technical conferences as a Session Moderator;
- Participation in NEWEA Collection Systems Committee Subcommittees (e.g. Abstract Review, James J. Courchaine Collection Systems Award, etc.)
Additional Criteria Considered:
- Technical presentations at professional conferences;
- Papers or articles accepted by state, regional, or national publications;
- Past NEWEA Collection Systems Committee Chair;
Inductees into the Golden Manhole Society shall receive their NEWEA Golden Manhole recognition pins and certificates during the NEWEA Annual Conference.