The Stormwater Committee has three main goals, we:
- Support communities and industries tasked with managing, treating, and mitigating the impacts of stormwater
- Increase awareness of, and ability to cope with stormwater management issues and legislation throughout the New England region
- Review technical practices and disseminate information regarding stormwater management to NEWEA membership
In New England, numerous communities and industries have been tasked with maintaining and improving water quality by managing and treating stormwater, integrating pollution prevention into routine activities, and ensuring that stormwater is addressed in local permitting and/or inspection. We offer information to these regulated entities and help them implement Best Management Practices (whether structural or operational) to accomplish these goals. Our members are from the public sector, including regulators, municipal employees, consultants, operators, and technical representatives.
Kate Edwards, Chair
What does the Stormwater Committee do?
- Increases NEWEA’s visibility as the premiere professional organization for the stormwater community
- Integrates all aspects of stormwater management, including regulatory requirements, technical resources, funding, public education, and communications
- Combines NEWEA’s resources with other professional organizations’ resources to promote coordinated stormwater management in New England
- Tracks changes to federal and state stormwater management policies, guidelines, regulations and legislation and disseminate information to the Association’s membership
- Award the Golden Raindrop annually to a qualified stormwater professional
How often do we meet?
- Stormwater Committee Luncheon at the Annual Conference
- Ideally, we host an annual specialty conference (often in conjunction with a related committee)
- The committee meets at least once per year to review current issues and changes in the regulatory environment
Why should you join us?
- Connect to a large membership group with the most up-to-date technology, research, and regulation issues in stormwater
See what we’ve accomplished.
- We helped coordinate the “Watershed Management and Stormwater Conference” on October 16, 2014 at the Mystic Marriot Hotel in Groton, CT
- We present the Stormwater Committee’s “Golden Raindrop” Award during the Committee Luncheon at the Annual Conference.