The Scholarships Committee has two main goals, we:
- Develop and administer a comprehensive scholarship program for all NEWEA designated scholarships
- Promote NEWEA membership awareness of both NEWEA and non-NEWEA scholarship resources
We administer the annual NEWEA Student Scholarships, as well as the Kowsz Scholarship. We work to increase the visibility of the NEWEA scholarship program, and direct members to additional scholarship opportunities outside of the Association.
Udayarka Karra, Chair
What does the Scholarships Committee do?
- Update and administer the Student Scholarship application
- Review completed applications and select three scholarship recipients, to be announced at the Annual Conference
- Reviews Kowsz Scholarship applications periodically as they are received and make recommendations
How often do we meet?
- In August, to brainstorm new ideas for the scholarship essays
- In December, to decide on scholarship recipients
- At the Annual Conference Committee Fair
- Throughout the year as needed to evaluate Kowsz Scholarship applications
Why should you join us?
- Get involved in NEWEA without a huge time commitment
- Most meetings are held remotely
- Engage with top students in the Environmental field
See what we’ve accomplished.
- We have distributed over $9,000 in scholarships annually to students engaged in the Environmental field!
- Review Past Scholarship Recipients