Laboratory Practices Committee
The Laboratory Practices Committee has three main goals, we:
- Encourage Laboratory Professionals’ participation in NEWEA events, publications, etc.
- Provide a forum for the exchange of information regarding standard laboratory practices in New England
- Provides a liaison to the Operations Challenge Committee to manage the Operations Challenge Lab Event
The Laboratory Practices Committee meets twice a year at the Annual Conference and once at the Spring Meeting; and also provides judges for and oversees the Operations Challenge Lab Event. During the year, the Committee discusses current topics of interest to the group via conference call, as well as produces a Specialty Conference on Laboratory issues. The Lab Practices Committee is under the guidance of the Treatment, System Operations and Management Council Director.
Jason Nenninger, Chair
Phone: 203-466-5277 Ext.277
What does the Laboratory Practices Committee do?
- Manages the Laboratory Event for Operations Challenge
- Produces a Specialty Seminar at least once every three years
- Participates in conference calls and webinars on Laboratory topics of interest
- Oversees the Lab Practices Committee’s Crystal Crucible Award
- Reviews candidates for the WEF Laboratory Analyst Excellence Award
How often do we meet?
- Meeting and Crystal Crucible Award presentation/luncheon at the Annual Conference
- Meeting and Luncheon at the Spring Conference; Operations Challenge Judges Meeting
- One representative attends Training Day for Operations Challenge
- Conference Calls as needed
Why should you join us?
- Invaluable professional networking opportunities
- Access to current industry trends, as well as new ideas and technology
- Platform for presenting papers and speaking on a variety of topics
- Professional friendships outside of your facility