The NEWEA Operator Award is given annually to an individual who has shown a high interest and performance in wastewater operations and has made a significant contribution to the wastewater field. One or more of the following areas should be discussed in the nomination form to serve as a basis for selection of the award recipient:
- Improvement to the environment
- Cost effective operations
- Cost effective maintenance procedures
- Public relations
- Innovative process controls
- Solids handling and disposal
- Industrial Pretreatment
- Collection systems/pumping stations
- Odor control
- Association contributions
Nominations can be made by supervisors, co-workers, state officials or members of the local Associations. Self-nominations are acceptable. The award recipients will be chosen from each of the six New England states by the local State Association. Nomination forms should be sent to the Awards Selection Committee for each member association.
Deadline for nominations to local State Associations: June 1.