Student Activities Committee
The Student Activities Committee has three main goals, we:
- Connect students with the Association and foster student membership
- Support the creation and the activities of student chapters
- Organize Undergraduate competitions and Graduate technical sessions
The Student Activities Committee encourages student participation in the Association using various activities, including paper and design competitions and support the creation of student chapters.
Joanna Sullivan, Chair
What does the Student Activities Committee do?
- Organizes poster design competition for Undergraduate students
- Facilitates Graduate student technical session at Annual Conference
- Holds Student Design Competition
- Assists in creating the Student Newsletter
How often do we meet?
- Meeting to prepare for Annual Conference activities
- Judging Student Design competition
- Video or conference calls 2-3 times per year
Why should you join us?
- If you are passionate about the water industry and want to help bring in the next generation by connecting with college and university students.
See what we’ve accomplished.
- 2020 hosted our largest student poster competition at the Annual Conference
- Student Shark Tank competition
- Five teams participate in our Student Design Competition
- Two teams will be representing NEWEA at the WEFTEC Design Competition in October 2020