Become a Member
Explore the pressing, complicated, and challenging issues of our environment in a constructive way. NEWEA membership provides you with great opportunities for individual and professional involvement in a versatile and active environmental association that you deserve. NEWEA and WEF membership categories provide for tailored memberships to meet your specific needs. All members are considered Professional Members with options and features offered that are best suited to your particular situation and interests. Learn more about each of the NEWEA membership categories.
We welcome you to NEWEA – as a new member or a longstanding one – and look forward to your support and involvement.
NEWEA has launched a new Association Management System (AMS). Sign up or renew a membership online. Click the following link to create a new account in NEWEA’s Portal: https://members.newea.org/welcome If you prefer, you can visit WEF’s site to renew your membership or become a member. View the membership application here >>
Check out the Student Special – 3 for 1 membership.
Water Innovation Partner Program
This partnership allows organizations and individuals to connect with a network of water professionals, expand market reach, and bring solutions to market faster. Benefits also include one-year NEWEA/WEF membership(s), complimentary attendance at innovation events, special recognition as a partner in NEWEA print and online publications, and more. Become a partner>>
- Education & Training: Two major technical conferences as well as several specialty seminars and workshops are offered yearly. As a member, you receive discounted registration rates to all educational offerings. You may also enhance your participation in these events by joining a planning committee, displaying an exhibit booth, or presenting on a technical topic. Earn educational credits for Professional Development Hours (PDHs) and Operator Training Contact Hours (TCHs).
- Networking: Through specialty conferences, board meetings, and certification trainings, water quality professionals can connect locally, regionally and nationally.
- Build Leadership Skills: Through activity in NEWEA’s Technical and Management Committees. Committee members derive tremendous personal and professional benefits by interacting with their peers and by contributing to the overall activities of the Association.
- Publications – NEWEA Journal & Waterlink: The NEWEA Journal prints quarterly and is the technical publication for wastewater professionals. You will find all the latest news on the wastewater industry as well as technical articles and proceedings from past seminars and conferences. Waterlink is an electronic newsletter filled with news, events and information about the Association and its members.
- Opportunities for professional growth: Through the Certification Program for wastewater professionals to receive certification in Collection Systems or Laboratory Analyst; Community outreach; Speak out to government policy makers or Make a difference with the Water for People Committee.
- Discounts on publications*: Such as WEF Manuals of Practice, Standard Methods and other training materials, periodicals and technical publications.
- Opportunities for recognition (Awards Program): Professional accomplishments are recognized annually for outstanding personal efforts, achievements, and technical advances.
- National Benefits*: By joining NEWEA, you also automatically become a member of our parent organization, the Water Environment Federation (WEF), an international environmental organization located in Alexandria, Virginia. Receive discounted rates to attend WEF conferences, seminar and purchase publications. Members also receive the monthly publications, WEF Highlights and Water Environment & Technology.
NEWEA is a member association of the Water Environment Federation (WEF).
*excludes Regulatory and Associate Membership