Plant Operations Committee
The Plant Operations Committee has two main goals, we:
- Serve as an educational and networking resource to treatment plant operations members
- Sponsor technical sessions at the Annual Conference and Spring Meeting on issues including treatment process technologies, regulation, and permitting
The Plant Operations Committee coordinates the plant operations-orientated activities including operator training programs and the New England Operator Exchange Program. In addition, the Committee monitors and reports on the development of federal and state laws, rules, and regulations which may affect operators and their operations (in coordination with the Government Affairs Committee). Join us today! Apply online >>
Attention Operators! Each state has its own training and certification requirements for water and wastewater operations personnel. Please refer to the professional development page to see the contact for your state.
Nick Tooker, Chair
Phone: (413) 313-6217
Allie Greenfield, Vice Chair
What does the Plant Operations Committee do?
- Organizes the Operator Exchange
- Reviews abstracts and sponsors Technical Sessions for the Annual Conference and Spring Meeting
- Sets up Specialty Conferences and Facility Tours
- Organizes the Operator Innovation Session at the Annual Conference
- Recommends a candidate for the Hatfield award to the Awards Committee
- How to improve training and career opportunities for operators.
How often do we meet?
- At the Annual Conference
- Conference calls as needed
Why should you join us?
- Interested in the liciensing, education and sharing information about opertations.
- Interested in plant operations issues
- Willing to contribute time and energy to further our purpose
See what we’ve accomplished.
- Key accomplishments include, Conference Sessions, Specialty Conferences and Facility Tours.
- Plant Ops Co-Sponsored a Specialty Conference with the Small Community Committee
- Tour was held at the newly upgraded Mattabassett District Facility