Faye DeMoura, Chair
What does the Public Awareness Committee do?
- Help to raise awareness of our industry beyond the NEWEA membership
- Participate in industry or public education events
- Champion and seek funding for the Water for Life outreach campaign
- Create Water Champion stories
- Develop outreach materials such as toolkits, videos, or social media posts
- Participate in partner outreach
- Support Paul Keough award nominations
How often do we meet?
Bimonthly via virtual meeting and in-person special meetings as needed
Why should you join us?
Public education about the important work of water is key to maintaining a thriving workforce and helping our communities understand the need for the work we do. The committee is an active, engaged committee that is always looking for people who are willing to lend a hand in different elements of the projects we take on. All are welcome!
See what we’ve accomplished.
- Development and rollout of Water for Life video series
- Support of youth education outreach with “Dr. Flush” and “Professor Flow”
- Update of the PFAS Awareness Campaign
- Creation of the “What My Parents Do for Work” video
- Curation of content to promote the industry
- Development of Public Awareness session at the Annual Conference