We have exciting news of positive change within NEWEA. After many months of planning and discussion, our NEWEA Executive Committee and the Northeast Water Innovation Network’s (NEWIN) Board of Directors have voted to approve a merger between our two organizations.
Following a final approval vote at our January 2020 Annual Conference, NEWIN has merged to become the brand-new Innovation Council within NEWEA. This committee will be led by Marianne Langridge (MacDonald) and consist of members of the NEWEA Innovation Task Force and NEWIN Board of Directors, as well as others. As the Committee grows, we plan to establish dedicated committees focused in the pursuit of water innovation, and we will be announcing Innovation Partnerships for all types of organizations to participate in exciting and impactful water innovation opportunities.
We’re very excited for this new phase of our history and the opportunities the merger will provide. Existing NEWIN members will gain the benefits of NEWEA and WEF membership and the opportunity to leverage NEWEA’s industry experience, while existing NEWEA members will gain access to a network of innovators and events with a focus on enhancing innovation in the water sector. We will be leading the region through further development of the New England Water Cluster.
To learn more about innovation events, news, and our Water Innovation Partner program, visit our Innovation Resources page.
What does the Innovation Committee do?
- Foster connections between innovators in public, private, non-profit and academic organizations to bring new solutions to sustain water quality
- Organize networking and knowledge sharing events that highlight water innovation in New England, such as Pitch Nights and the Innovation Pavilion
Why should you join us?
- Become part of a community of professionals that are passionate about ensuring a sustainable water future.
- Expand your network and share ideas with water professionals to bring solutions to market faster and more effectively.
- Tap into the energy of a diverse community in New England to expand market reach and attract talent
See what we’ve accomplished.
- Innovation Pavilion 2019
- Innovation Pavilion 2020