Operations Challenge Committee
The Operations Challenge Committee has three main goals, we:
- Plan, organize and execute the Operations Challenge Training Day
- Hold NEWEA Operations Challenge competition at the Spring Meeting
- Send Spring Meeting competition winners to compete in the National competition
The Operations Challenge Committee is a group of individuals who work together to organize a replica of the National Operations Challenge event at the Spring Meeting. There are five events: Safety, Laboratory, Process Control, and Collections & Pump Event. Six New England teams compete in all five events for one of three slots to attend and compete in the National Operations Challenge competition at WEFTEC in the fall.
Jason Swain, Chair
Rick Hartenstein, Vice Chair
What does the Operations Challenge Committee do?
- Help train and support Ops Challenge teams to succeed at WEFTEC
- Safety Event
- Laboratory Event
- Maintenance Event
- Process Control Event
- Collection System Event
How often do we meet?
- 2-3 times per year
- At the Annual Conference
- Operations Challenge Training Day in April
- At the Spring Meeting to host Operations Challenge competition
- Conference calls as necessary
Why should you join us?
- To learn more about Operations Challenge!
- Help and support New England teams.
- Personal & Professional Networking.
- Have Fun!
- Fun competition among other operators and industry professionals
See what we’ve accomplished.
1) We bring excitement to our industry!
2) We have a good amount of members, many of which have been involved for years and continue to support us.
3) Most of our committee members are x-Ops Challenge team members who stay involved.
Photos below are of the SUEZ Operations Challenge Team competing in the NEWEA Operations Challenge in the Spring of 2015 at the Mount Washington Hotel in Bretton Woods New Hampshire. Events shown are the Collection System, Safety & Laboratory Events.