Humanitarian Assistance Grant
The Humanitarian Assistance Committee is seeking grant proposals from NEWEA members for humanitarian and community type projects throughout New England. Grant applications may be submitted on behalf of groups, individuals and or organizations. Grants will be awarded based on the projected costs and not to exceed $1500 per application. The Committee would like your assistance in identifying worthy causes that will help to benefit NEWEA’s mission “to promote education and collaboration while advancing knowledge, innovation, and sound public policy for the protection of the water environment and our quality of life.”
Simply stated a cause could be:
- A financially burdened rural community in dire need of new equipment to run their wastewater treatment facility
- Your local school system including charter and vocational schools, wishing to purchase science kits or establish a water education program
- A local educational group or organization (Girl Scouts, Summer Recreation/Educational Clubs, Youth Groups, etc.) that is establishing or has a water education program.
- The grant application must be submitted by a NEWEA member
- The grant requests shall be in keeping with NEWEA’s mission, “to preserve, protect and manage the water environment resource of New England”
- A 100 words or less explanation of the cause or project being considered. Including projected costs. (additional explaination or supporting materials may be requested). If your project or cause is more than $1500, identify the total cost and also, if you are seeking other grants to fully fund your project
- Applicants are only allowed to apply for a grant only if they have not been awarded a grant in the past 3 years.
- The requests shall be submitted using the Online Humanitarian Assistance Grant Form below.
The Humanitarian Assistance Committee shall make appropriate inquiries into the humanitarian cause submitted and will prioritize the requests received. All grant applicants will be notified of the Humanitarian Assistance Committee’s decision.
Questions may be directed to the Humanitarian Assistance Committee.