The NEWEA Congressional Briefing is the annual hallmark for the Association and its Government Affairs program. It is a great opportunity for our membership and elected officials to join together to discuss water, wastewater, and stormwater infrastructure issues facing communities in the Northeast. We look forward to meeting with you and providing you with the latest information affecting our industry. Your involvement is critical – come to D.C. and be heard!
Attending the briefing will allow:
- Opportunities to meet with Senators, Representatives, and legislative staff;
- Substantive discussion of federal clean water legislative initiatives and provide feedback related to the impact that these initiatives have on our communities and the water quality industry;
- A forum for presentation and discussion of the NEWEA Position statements;
- Opportunities to learn about key federal regulatory initiatives; and
- A forum to provide comments directly to regulatory leaders form EPA’s Washington, DC Headquarters
In addition to the Briefing, an important part of this day is holding individual and group meetings with Senators and Representative on the Hill. If you plan to attend the Briefing, the Government Affairs Committee will work with you to schedule these individual appointments.
April 17-18, 2018 – Washington, DC
Agenda will be posted – Please check back.
Feel free to call Mary Barry or Bob Fischer with questions.