Source Water Brewers Competition
The 4th Annual Source Water Brewers Competition aims to increase public awareness about water quality while promoting a friendly competition that challenges each brewer to create an original beer using local source water. Sign Up to be a Brewer >>
Companies can sponsor the event for $250. Event sponsors will be recognized on this webpage; listed on event signage and a company logo printed on the back of the t-shirts that will be given to participants. Sign Up to Sponsor >>
Questions can be directed to James Plummer, Chair, Source Water Brewers Subcommittee
- The NEWEA Source Water Brewers Competition is open to home brewers.
- Participation is free.
- Brewers may collaborate in the submission of an entry.
- Source water is from your tap. All other ingredients and supplies will be provided by the home brewer.
- Brewers must provide 150-300 ounces of their beer, which can be submitted in bottles, cans or a growler.
- Entries must be labeled with the brewer’s name and type of beer.
- Participating home brewers will receive prestige among NEWEA members and a commemorative t-shirt.
The Source Water Brewers Competition on Wednesday, July 26, 2023 from 6:o0-8:00PM at Mayflower Brewing Company in Plymouth, MA.
- The Brew Challenge judging will be provided by the crowd of NEWEA members and guests. Attendees will have opportunity to taste each beer and provide votes for top three beers. The watershed committee will tally votes in real-time and announce the winner during the event.
- Award presentation will take place at 7:45PM. The winner brewer will receive a personalized beer stein commemorating the grand prize beer.