Watershed Homebrewing Competition
The goal of the Watershed Homebrewing Competition is to increase public awareness about water quality. NEWEA’s Source Water Brewers Competition is a friendly competition that will challenge each brewer to create an original beer using local source water. Learn More >>
The Committee is requesting sponsors for this upcoming event. Companies can sponsor the event for $250. Event sponsors will be recognized on NEWEA’s Home brew webpage; listed on event signage and a company logo printed on the back of the t-shirts that will be given to participants. Sign Up Here to Sponsor >>
- The NEWEA Watershed Source Water Brewers Competition is open to home brewers.
- Participation is free.
- Source water will be available for pick (City of Hartford’s MDC). Bring appropriate containers. All other ingredients and supplies will be provided by the home brewer.
- Each home brewer will brew a single 5 gallon batch and may request up to 10 gallons of source water.
- Brewers may collaborate in the submission of an entry.
- The beer must be brewed, bottled, and ready to pour at NEWEA’s Committee Appreciation Event in July/August (further details to follow) Depending upon participation, we may request each brewer contribute 6-12 beers for the event.
- Participating home brewers will receive prestige among NEWEA members and a commemorative t-shirt.
- The Brew Challenge judging will take place during the NEWEA Member Appreciation Event.
- Brewers must provide a minimum of 72 oz of their beer, which can be submitted in six-12 oz bottles, cans or a growler. Entries must be labeled with the brewer’s name and type of beer.
- Beers may be brought to the NEWEA tent from 5-5:30PM.
- Award presentation will take place at 6:45PM. The winner brewer will receive a personalized beer stein commemorating the grand prize beer.