Collection Systems Certification Program
The Certification Program, offered in four grade levels, for the examination and certification of wastewater collection systems personnel in the New England States, was established in order to promote the employment of trained, experienced, reliable and efficient personnel for the operation of public and industrial wastewater works; and to establish standards and facilities whereby wastewater collection systems personnel can demonstrate proficiency. By means of this program, NEWEA strives to:
- Improve the quality of wastewater collection systems operations;
- Improve the status of wastewater collection systems personnel;
- Promote safety conditions for wastewater collection systems personnel;
- Provide a roster of qualified personnel; and
- Provide a means whereby those responsible for employment of wastewater collection systems personnel can readily determine the qualifications which are considered desirable in such personnel.
NEWEA has certified over 6,800 collections systems operators.
How to Apply
To apply for the Collection Systems Certification Program follow these simple steps:
- Download and complete the Collection Systems Certification Exam Application (PDF).
- Return application with examination fee of $50.00, made payable to NEWEA, to NEWEA office (address is listed on application).
- Download the Collection Systems Certification Brochure (PDF) for supplement information.
Training course registration is separate. Training courses are NOT offered by NEWEA. Please refer to training courses for more information on courses being offered. Exams may be taken without attending a training course.
Exam results will not be released without a completed and signed application along with payment.