Laboratory Analyst Certification Program
This program, for the examination and certification of wastewater laboratory analysts in the New England States, was established in order to promote the employment of trained, experienced, reliable, and efficient personnel for the operation of public and industrial wastewater works; and to establish standards whereby wastewater laboratory analysts can demonstrate proficiency. By means of this program, NEWEA strives to:
- Improve the quality of wastewater laboratory operations;
- Improve the status of wastewater laboratory analysts;
- Promote safety conditions for wastewater laboratory analysts;
- Provide a roster of qualified analysts; and
- Provide a means whereby those responsible for employment of wastewater laboratory analysts can readily determine the qualifications that are considered desirable in such personnel.
*Please note that the Lab Analyst II exam is currently unavailable, please check back after Spring 2023*
How to Apply
To apply for the Laboratory Analyst Certification Program follow these simple steps:
- Complete the Online Laboratory Analyst application with payment.
- Examination fee is $75.00. Credit cards accepted online. Checks should be made payable to NEWEA and mailed to the NEWEA office.
- Download the Laboratory Analyst Certification Brochure for supplement information.
- Once your application is submitted, it will be reviewed by the committee. You’ll receive an email to schedule your exam.
Training courses are NOT offered by NEWEA. Exams may be taken without attending a training course.
Payment must be received prior to scheduling an exam.