The NEWEA Water Reuse & Industrial Wastewater Conference & Exhibit will explore the opportunities for the treatment and reuse of domestic and industrial wastewater while providing economic benefits, added water resiliency and regulatory solutions. A facility tour of an industrial wastewater treatment and reuse facility will also be offered.
Abstract are currently being accepted on the following topics:
- Regulatory drivers including Federal and State environmental regulations and plumbing codes
- Regional drivers including water withdrawal restrictions, water resiliency planning and financing
- Industry-specific reuse solutions and case studies
- Power industry and cooling tower water reuse solutions and issues
- Food and beverage industry treatment and reuse
- Operational issues and corrosion control
- Industrial process water treatment and water reuse
- Emerging technologies and zero liquid discharge (ZLD)
- Groundwater recharge and aquifer storage
- Institutional and commercial domestic and industrial water reuse planning
- Stormwater harvesting and reuse case studies
- Disinfection considerations for municipal wastewater reclamation and reuse
- Storage, distribution and quality of reclaimed wastewater
- Treatment technologies, residuals management and nutrient/materials recovery in reuse applications
- The case for domestic and industrial wastewater treatment and reuse in the Northeast
Abstract Submittal Form – Submit a short abstract (~250 words) online. The deadline for abstract submittals has been extended to Friday, November 28, 2014.
This conference is a “must” for industrial, institutional, public and commercial facility planners, engineers and wastewater practitioners, especially those facing the challenges of planning for water resiliency and sustainability. Attending the conference is also a wonderful opportunity to mingle and network while viewing products and services in the Exhibit Hall during breaks and during the social hour – and to have some fun! Contact training hours will be awarded for operator re-certification or professional engineering education in participating states.
For more information and any questions, please contact: Edward Whatley, Water Reuse Committee (617) 607-1716; Lisa Andrews, Industrial Wastewater Committee, (952) 832-2879 or the NEWEA office, 781-939-0908.