It may have been a rainy day, but the sun started shining just in time for the 30th Annual NEWEA Committee Member Appreciation Event held at Kimball Farm in Westford, MA on July 26th!
All committee members were invited to come out and celebrate their hard work throughout the year by playing harder. This year’s event was enjoyed by over 100 members and their families (and friends) in attendance. Not only were the attendees able to play hard with unlimited bumper boats, mini golf, driving range, pitch and put, batting cages, you name it; it was a good chance to catch up with other members and meet new people without having any responsibilities or duties.
The Thanks-A-NEWEA awards recognize outstanding committee members for their lasting contributions to their respective committees, as nominated by fellow committee members. This year, there were 13 award recipients:
- Allison Fisher, Young Professionals Committee
- Ron Tiberi, Conference Arrangements Committee
- Paul Casey, Exhibits Committee
- Amy Anderson, Program Committee
- Joe Boccadoro, Journal Committee
- Sarah White, Industrial Wastewater Committee
- Courtney Eaton, Sustainability Committee
- Lenny Young, Education and Safety Committees
- Renie Jesanis, Water for People Committee
- Charlie Tyler, Water for People Committee
- Danielle DiRuzza, Public Education Committee
Thanks to all the recipients for their hard work and dedication throughout the year!
In addition to the food, ice cream, drinks, games, and Thanks-A-NEWEA awards, the highlight of the night was the inaugural Pints Against Pollution event, sponsored by the Watershed Committee. Two NEWEA home brewers, Ben Stoddard and Steven Wolosoff, brewed their own beer using source water from the Lowell City Water Utility. Each participant at the event (21+!) was able to enjoy the beer brewed from the waters that we protect. We look forward to making this event bigger and better next year!
Thanks to Denise Descheneau and John Bobrek for organizing another great event. We look forward to seeing an even bigger turnout next year!