NEWEA is excited to offer an internship in the non-profit water and environmental services industry focused on supporting the creation of an Innovation Collaboration platform for members. This is an excellent opportunity to gain skills and exposure to innovation organizations and activities in the environmental field across many sectors.
Description: NEWEA’s mission is to promote education and collaboration while advancing knowledge, innovation, and sound public policy for the protection of the water environment and our quality of life.
NEWEA is a dynamic organization of over 2400 highly qualified and motivated water and wastewater professionals located throughout New England, who volunteer their time, energy, and expertise in order to preserve, protect, and manage one of our most precious resources here in New England, our water environment. The Innovation Council in January of 2020 was charged to build connections between utilities, regulators, academics and innovators to facilitate experimentation and adoption of new technologies, methods and policies that will improve the industry. This is an opportunity to learn more about water innovation programs, organizations and activities and gain experience creating a program to support members in identifying and adopting innovative solutions.
Location: This is a remote work position.
Equipment: The candidate must have a personal computer and internet access to complete the duties listed below.
- Assist the Innovation Council Director in identifying, compiling and organizing information about innovation programs that can benefit NEWEA members.
- Connect with relevant organizations via email and phone to collect information.
- Support the design of an electronic platform hosted on the NEWEA website to provide centralized innovation support for members.
- Participate in Innovation Council virtual meetings.
- Opportunity to work with NEWEA Innovation Partners on specific innovation topics.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or recent college graduate
- Research and organizational skills
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter who can prioritize and manage projects and deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
Details & Benefits:
- Paid internship.
- Start date is negotiable, ideally May/June of 2021 through August/September. Potential to extend pending funding availability.
- Ability to structure to receive course credit depending on the requirements of the student’s university.
- 20-40 hours per week
- Flexible schedule available during normal business hours.
- Holidays and vacations will be respected.
- Marianne Langridge: (781) 223-5427 or email@example.com