- The NEWEA Watershed Source Water Brewers Competition is open to homebrewers.
- Participation is free.
- Source water will be available for pick up by Lowell Water prior to May 15th. Bring appropriate containers. All other ingredients and supplies will be provided by the homebrewer.
- The only rule is that the supplied source water will be used in all phases of brewing process with no supplemental conditioning, except dechlorination if needed.
- Each homebrewer will brew a single 5 gallon batch and may request up to 10 gallons of source water.
- Brewers may collaborate in the submission of an entry.
- The beer must be brewed, bottled, and ready to pour at NEWEA’s Committee Appreciation Event in July (further details to follow) Depending upon participation, we may request each brewer contribute 6-12 beers for the event.
- Participating homebrewers will receive prestige among NEWEA members and a commemorative t-shirt.
- The Brew Challenge judging will take place on Thursday, July 18, 2019 from 5:30-6:30PM at Kimball Farms in Westford, MA during the NEWEA Member Appreciation Event.
- Brewers must provide a minimum of 72 oz of their beer, which can be submitted in six-12 oz bottles, cans or a growler. Entries must be labeled with the brewer’s name and type of beer.
- Beers may be brought to the NEWEA tent from 5-5:30PM.
- Award presentation will take place at 6:45PM.
All participants are asked to register. There is no fee to participate.
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
Event sponsors will be recognized on NEWEA’s Homebrew webpage; listed on event signage and included on the t-shirts.