Watershed Homebrewing Competition
With the goal of bringing NEWEA members even closer to the source waters that we strive to protect, NEWEA is seeking homebrewers for the 2nd Annual Pints Against Pollution event. This friendly competition will challenge each brewer to create an original beer using local water supplies for sharing at NEWEA’s Committee Appreciation Event in July. Learn More >>
- Source water will be available for pick up by Lowell Water prior to May 15th. Bring appropriate containers. All other ingredients and supplies will be provided by the homebrewer.
- The only rule is that the supplied source water will be used in all phases of brewing process with no supplemental conditioning, except dechlorination if needed.
- Each homebrewer will brew a single 5 gallon batch and may request up to 10 gallons of source water.
- The beer must be brewed, bottled, and ready to pour at NEWEA’s Committee Appreciation Event, July (further details to follow) Depending upon participation, we may request each brewer contribute 6-12 beers for the event.
- Participating homebrewers will receive prestige among NEWEA members and a commemorative Pints Against Pollution shirt.