CSO WET WEATHER ISSUES CONFERENCE
Coping with Change; Regulations, COVID, and Climate Change
September 29-30, 2021 – Portsmouth, NH & Virtually 9/29
Join us for a two-day conference, “Coping with Change; Regulations, COVID, and Climate Change” to discuss and share national and regional working knowledge and experiences. The conference will kick off with a keynote speaker, Chris Kloss, U.S. EPA who will host a question and answer session about wet weather regulatory policies. The conference will also feature a panel discussion on integrated planning; a tour of Portsmouth, NH’s Wet Weather Treatment Facility; a networking social and exhibits hall. View Program >>
Municipal, state, and federal government employees as well as private consultants, contractors, and researchers involved in developing CSO long-term control plans, integrated wastewater plans, modeling, and infiltration and inflow (I/I) reduction programs are encouraged to attend. TCHs are pending approval from participating New England states.
Can’t attend in-person? Register and participate virtually. Register Online >>
- Virtual Wednesday Program – Join us for live-stream content from the hotel from home or the office. The morning session from 8:45-12noon will be live-streamed. Just log into the virtual platform at 8:45am and watch (like you would a tv program). You can ask questions directly in the platform and the moderator will read them out loud to the speaker to answer live. In the afternoon, enjoy watching presentations on demand and email any questions directly to the speaker.
- Virtual Thursday Program – Watch on demand presentations for any sessions offered on Thursday. Questions must be emailed directly to the speaker.
- Virtual Two-day Program – Watch the live stream on Wednesday morning (see above) and then watch any presentations from Wednesday or Thursday.
TCHs will be provided for participation/watching recorded content only on Wednesday and Thursday. In order to receive credit for a presentation, you must watch the entire time and answer the quiz.
It is NEWEA’s policy that all participants are responsible for their own meeting registration and other meeting-related expenses. If attending in-person, please review the Health & Safety guidelines.
EXHIBITS & SPONSORSHIPS
This is a great way to support NEWEA while advertising your company to potential and existing clients. There will be a limited number of in-person exhibit displays and in-person/virtual sponsorships available for purchase. Exhibitors will also be able to reach virtual attendees for no additional cost. View Exhibitor Prospectus >> or Register to Exhibit >>
A block of rooms have been reserved at the Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel, Portsmouth, NH for the night of September 28th and September 29th. Call the hotel directly at (888) 627-7138 or (603) 431-2300 and refer to the NEWEA Guests CSO Conference Room Block or make your reservation ONLINE>> . Rates are $191++ per night. The block deadline is September 6th. Group rates are subject to a date and space availability.
Parking is available for a fee. Overnight guests have the option to self-park for $25.00/night in the gated parking lot or valet $30/night.
Attendees attending the conference are subject to a daily parking rate of $3.00 per hour for self-parking, or $9.00/day. All parking rates are subject to change.
NEWEA’s main priority is the health and safety of our conference attendees, exhibitors, and staff. NEWEA will adhere to all official government and local authority guidance, as well as venue regulations including but not limited to social distancing, the wearing of masks, vaccination and other such rules, etc. These guidelines are subject to change.
Currently, NEWEA anticipates that conference participants will be required to abide by the following safety and health protocols:
- Wear masks over their nose and mouth indoors regardless of vaccination status
- Practice hand hygiene, including hand washing and use of hand sanitizer, which will be available throughout hotel.
- Limit capacities in session rooms according to physical distancing guidance.
The Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel will engage in frequent cleaning and disinfecting of high-touch or high-traffic areas and overnight deep cleaning.
Please review NEWEA’s Health & Safety as well.
Questions – Contact NEWEA at 781-939-0908.