NEWEA offers individuals the opportunity to become certified voluntarily for Wastewater Collection Systems Operator and Laboratory Analyst.
- Voluntary Laboratory Analyst Certification – Two grade levels are offered for laboratory personnel.
- Voluntary Collection Systems Certification – Four grade levels are offered for collection systems operations personnel.
Scheduled Exams – Spring 2018
|Collection Systems||04/05/18||Hampton Inn-Bedford/Billerica, Billerica, MA* – RESCHEDULED! NEW DATE TBD||NEWWTA|
|Collection Systems||04/06/18||Samuel Hadley Public Services Bldg., Lexington, MA* – NEW DATE||NEIWPCC|
|Lab Procedures||04/12/18||Amherst WWTF, Amherst, MA*||NEIWPCC|
|Collection Systems||04/26/18||CT DEEP Marine Headquarters, Old Lyme, CT*||NEIWPCC|
Bangor WWTP, Bangor, ME*
|Lab Procedures||05/03/18||Montpelier Public Works Garage, Montpelier,VT* – CLASS CANCELLED||NEIWPCC|
|Collection Systems||05/09/18||Lawton Valley WTP, Portsmouth, RI*||NEIWPCC|
|Collection Systems||06/14/18||NH DES Franklin Training Center, Franklin, NH*||NEWWTA|
|Lab Procedures||07/18/18||Berwick Sewer District, Berwick, ME||MRWA|
|*Cost of the exam is included with training;
$50 fee if taking exam only
Additional Certification Training Opportunities
Voluntary certification in Wastewater Collection Systems and Wastewater Laboratory Analyst Training are offered by the following organizations:
- New England Interstate Water Pollution Control Commission (NEIWPCC)
- North East Water and Wastewater Training Associates (NEWWTA)
- Maine Rural Water Association (MRWA)
Please contact them to register. The appropriate NEWEA examination will be given following the conclusion of the training course. Separate registration is required for the course and exam.
Contact Linda Austin at the NEWEA office for more information, exam applications, exam results, and copies of results.