Young Professionals Committee
The Young Professionals Committee has one main goal: to fully integrate young professionals into the Association, through partnerships with other committees, mentors, and educational programs. This uniting principle drives the planning and organizing of events and activities that are of interest and benefit to the young professional sector.
The Committee has recently revealed a new YP Mentoring Program. Participants will have the opportunity to form a working relationship with a mentor over the next 15 months. Contact Allison Fisher for more information. Surveys will be available soon to apply for the program.
Ben Stoddard, Chair
Amanda Lade, Vice Chair
What does the Young Professionals Committee do?
- Organizes the Mentoring Program at the Annual Conference
- Holds regular “Poo & Brew”s – a treatment plant tour, followed by a brewery tour/networking event
- Coordinates informal social meetups
- Arranges tours of treatment facilities that are undergoing/have undergone recent upgrades
- Organizes joint activities with NEWWA Young Professionals
How often do we meet?
- Monthly conference calls
Why should you join us?
- In the early years of your career? Get connected with others like you by joining us today!
- Our committee is always looking for new and fun ideas combining fun and professional development
- Networking opportunities with folks from both the private and public sectors
See what we’ve accomplished.
- Poo & Brew #1 at Deer Island WWTP, Boston, MA & Mystic Brewery
- Poo & Brew #2 at Upper Blackstone WPAD, Millbury, MA & Wormtown Brewery
- Poo & Brew #3 at Henry King WWMF, Framingham, MA & Jack’s Abby
- Poo & Brew #4 at Stratford, CT WPCF & Two Roads Brewery
- Poo & Brew #5 at Narragansett Bay Commission, Providence, RI & Foolproof Brewery
- Poo & Brew #6 at South Burlington, VT Airport Parkway & Queen City Brewery
- Poo & Brew #7 at Hartford, CT WPCF & Hog River Brewing Co.
- Poo & Brew #8 at South Portland, ME WWTP & Foulmouthed Brewery
- Poo & Brew #9 at Greater Lawrence Sanitary District, N. Andover, MA & Oak & Iron Brewing Co.
- Poo & Brew #10 at Deer Island WWTP & Mystic Brewery
- Poo & Brew #11 at Hampton, NH WWTP & Smuttynose Brewing Co.
- Poo & Brew #12 at Dover, NH WWTF & 7th Settlement Brewery
- No Water No Brew Champlain Water District, Burlington, VT & Switchback Brewery