Water for People Committee
The mission of Water for People is to develop high quality drinking water and sanitation services, accessible to all, and sustained by strong communities, businesses and governments. To help realize the Water For People vision, the WFP Committee:
- Develops and implements activities that will increase awareness of WFP programs, along with drinking water and sanitary needs of much of the world’s population, among NEWEA members as well as the general public
- Organizes fundraising activities to help meet the WFP program’s vision through its work in developing countries
The Water for People Committee develops and enhances NEWEA’s involvement in Water for People activities, including coordination with other active professional and student groups in New England and throughout the country.
Renie Jesanis, Chair
Contact NEWEA Office for contact information
What does the Water for People Committee do?
- Co-organizes bi-annual Gala with the New England Water Works Association (NEWWA) WFP Committee
- Holds annual fundraising softball tournament
- Organizes a session at the NEWEA Annual Conference, featuring speakers working on projects in developing countries
- Puts on annual fundraising Ten Thousand Villages Shopping Event
- Organizes other fundraising events, such as band showcases, fun runs, etc.
How often do we meet?
- At the Bi-Annual Gala
- At the Annual Conference
- Specialty seminar every three years
- As-desired involvement with the Stockholm Junior Water Prize
- As-desired participation in educational programs at local schools and civic organizations
Why should you join us?
- Become educated in the global impact of water scarcity and water born diseases, and even educate the public
- Networking opportunities with service-oriented people
- Raise awareness and funds to help alleviate the impacts of the global water crisis
See what we’ve accomplished.