Public Education Committee
The Public Education Committee has three main goals, we:
- Promote education around water and wastewater issues to NEWEA’s constituents as well as to the general public.
- Encourage professional and public participation in water quality management and conservation
- Endeavor to attract young people and students to a rewarding career in the water environment industry.
Committee members develop educational materials; organize, promote and run educational events; and build relationships between the water quality industry and our New England communities.
Geraldine Ciardelli, Chair
Leonard Young, Vice Chair
What does the Public Education Committee do?
- Mr & Mrs Fish Program
- Stockholm Jr. Water Prize
- World Water Monitoring Day
- Education Outreach
- Schoolkit Teacher Survey
- Schoolkit Presenter Survey
How often do we meet?
- At the Annual Conference (Committee meeting & Mr. and Mrs. Fish program)
- Annual meeting to judge Stockholm Junior Water Prize
Why should you join us?
- The Public Education Committee is fun, active, and accomplished
- Your outreach, education, and/or marketing skills can help us advance our mission
- Chance to extend your knowledge beyond your industry, to local children, teachers, and communities
See what we’ve accomplished.
- Revised Career Brochure for water quality industry
- Teacher training at the Waterworks Museum in Boston in Summer 2015
- Mr. and Mrs. Fish performance at the NEWEA Annual Conference
- NEWEA Schoolkit presentations in various locations around New England