The Newsletter Committee has two main goals, we:
- Promote a sense of community throughout NEWEA
- Create quarterly publications, and occasionally, specialty newsletters highlighting and celebrating NEWEA members, committees and events
Ashley Dunn, Chair
What does the Newsletter Committee do?
- Interviews exceptional NEWEA members, celebrating them in each newsletter
- Attends NEWEA conferences and events when possible and highlights them with pictures and stories
- Supports all of NEWEA’s committees by distributing regularly updated calendars, events and stories
- Promotes outreach and volunteer efforts within NEWEA and beyond
- Celebrate NEWEA members’ life milestones (e.g., marriages, births, graduations, awards, retirements)
How often do we meet?
- At the Annual Conference
- Quarterly emails and/or conference call
- Monthly emails and/or conference call (as needed to support specialty newsletters)
- At least one committee member present at each NEWEA event
Why should you join us?
- You want to learn more about what NEWEA has to offer
- You enjoying meeting new people, and are looking for a unique networking opportunity
- You enjoy writing short stories or taking pictures
- You were on your high school newspaper or yearbook committee, or wish you were
See what we’ve accomplished.
- Celebrating NEWEA members through Member Profiles, published in the Newsletter and searchable on the NEWEA website
- Supporting NEWEA committees through quarterly committee spotlights, published in the Newsletter and searchable on the NEWEA website
- Spreading the word about outreach and networking opportunities