Humanitarian Assistance & Grants Committee
The Humanitarian Assistance & Grants Committee’s main goal is to advance NEWEA’s mission by administering grants to groups throughout New England which, through an application process, demonstrate that their group will use the grant to promote clean water or the education about such. The committee is entrusted with distributing the three grants, totaling $5,000, to those groups who best exemplify NEWEA’s mission.
Tim Vivian, Chair
What does the Humanitarian Grants & Assistance Committee do?
- Read grant applications
- Vote on grant applications
- Distribute money to grant recipients via the NEWEA office
How often do we meet?
- No regularly scheduled meetings, but we may get together informally at the Annual Conference
- Grant Applications are sent out to the Committee in August via email and their votes are due by early September
Why should you join us?
- Not a lot of heavy lifting
- It is fun to read about what people in New England are doing in regards to Clean Water issues
See what we’ve accomplished.
We’ve recently distributed grants to:
- Rhode Island Shellfisherman’s Assocication — $2,500
- Greenwich Bay Oyster Seeding Project; Friends of Forge Pond — $1,500
- Lake Management, Monitoring & Data Collection; Clarke School for Hearing & Speech (Environmental Curriculum) — $1,000