Voluntary Laboratory Analyst Certification Program
This program, for the examination and certification of wastewater laboratory analysts in the New England States, was established in order to promote the employment of trained, experienced, reliable, and efficient personnel for the operation of public and industrial wastewater works; and to establish standards whereby wastewater laboratory analysts can demonstrate proficiency. By means of this program, NEWEA strives to:
- Improve the quality of wastewater laboratory operations;
- Improve the status of wastewater laboratory analysts;
- Promote safety conditions for wastewater laboratory analysts;
- Provide a roster of qualified analysts; and
- Provide a means whereby those responsible for employment of wastewater laboratory analysts can readily determine the qualifications that are considered desirable in such personnel.
How to Apply
To apply for the Voluntary Laboratory Analyst Certification Program follow these simple steps:
- Download and complete the Laboratory Analyst Certification Exam_Application (PDF).
- Return application with examination fee of $50.00, made payable to NEWEA, to NEWEA office (address is listed on application).
- Download the Laboratory Analyst Certification Brochure for supplement information.
Training course registration is separate. Training courses are NOT offered by NEWEA. Please refer to training courses for more information on courses being offered. Exams may be taken without attending a training course.
Exam results will not be released without a completed and signed application along with payment.