This program, for the examination and certification of wastewater laboratory analysts in the New England States, was established in order to promote the employment of trained, experienced, reliable and efficient personnel for the operation of public and industrial wastewater works; and to establish standards whereby wastewater laboratory analysts can demonstrate proficiency. By means of this program, the New England Water Environment Association, Inc., will strive to:
- Improve the quality of wastewater laboratory operations;
- Improve the status of wastewater laboratory analysts;
- Promote safety conditions for wastewater laboratory analysts;
- Provide a roster of qualified analysts; and
- Provide a means whereby those responsible for employment of wastewater laboratory analysts can readily determine the qualifications that are considered desirable in such personnel.